Community College Advantages
Moraine Valley Community College offers international students special services, including:
- a convenient and safe suburban location
- proximity to Chicago, the third largest city in the United States.
- comprehensive support services--for international students.
- university transfer degree programs--high quality 2+2 programs
- degree programs in over 70 different areas of study.
- the full-time Intensive English Language Program.
- outstanding facilities and attractive campus.
- small class sizes and faculty dedicated to teaching.
- a fully accredited and nationally recognized institution.
- a great place to begin your education in the United States.
Enrollment: About 16,000 credit and noncredit students; 300 international students per semester from more than 45 countries.
Accreditation: Fully accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, the regional U.S. accreditation agency for schools and universities in the Midwest United States. Member of the League for Innovation in the Community College, the American Association of Community Colleges, the National Association of Foreign Student Affairs; Association of International Educators, and numerous other professional associations.
Average Class Size: 22 students per class
Student Profile: The majority of full-time students are recent high school graduates; however, many adults also attend classes. The average student age is 28 years old. The student population is diverse and includes students from many different cultures and nationalities.
Location: Midwestern United States. The college's beautiful 294-acre campus is located approximately 25 kilometers southwest of downtown Chicago, and is connected by major highways and public transportation.
Programs: Two-year University Transfer Degree Programs prepare students to transfer to a four-year college to complete the bachelor's degree. Degree programs provide training and certification for specific careers and employment in over 70 different areas.
University Transfer Advantages: 2+2 programs. Located near many outstanding colleges and universities, Moraine Valley has established transfer agreements with some of the best universities in the United States. These agreements allow students to transfer with ease to four-year colleges and universities. Students who successfully complete the university transfer degree program (Associate in Arts, Associate in Science or Associate in Fine Arts) will find it easy to transfer two full years of courses and credits to complete a four-year degree. Please consult our department of Academic Advising for complete information about university transfer.