Please use the following checklist as a guide for the Dual Credit Program.
- Contact your high school counselor for student eligibility and dual credit course offerings.
- Complete COMPASS Placement testing or submit appropriate ACT scores (if applicable) (If the dual credit course you wish to take has a pre-requisite- for a list of these requirements go to the “Course Prerequisite” Tab on the left side of the screen.*Placement and submission of ACT scores must be submitted before registration can occur.)
- Online Dual Credit Application must be complete during registration period. (Contact your high school counselor or instructor for dates/deadlines)
- Once the Dual Credit Online Application has been received and processed, you will receive a welcome letter in the mail that indicates, tuition fee deadlines (if applicable), Student Identification number, and a MVCC student email address.
- Pay for your Dual Credit Course Fees (if applicable) either online, in-person or by phone by the appropriate deadline.
- Please refer to FAQ section for more information about how to access your MVCC Student Portal through MVConnect.
- Setup your MVCC student email account and frequently check it to remain up to date on communication related to MVCC. Check out the FAQ section for instructions on how to setup your email account.
End of Course
- Grades will be posted at the end of the course on your Student Portal page through MVConnect. You will want to ensure that grades are posted to your Student Portal prior to making a transcript request.
If you plan on attending Moraine Valley after you graduate high school, you will NOT need to do the following:
- DO NOT apply for admission
- DO NOT request a transcript
Please follow the full-time dual credit student pathway.
If you DO NOT plan on attending Moraine Valley after you graduate high school , you will need to do the following: