Moraine Valley Community College || Dual Credit || Welcome


How do I look up MVCC Student ID Number & Username and Password?

How do I access my MVCC student email account?

  • Go to
  • Click: Student Email
  • Click: Go to Student Email

Want to view the dual credit you have earned?
It's easy! Go to the MVConnect campus portal. Use the Username Lookup to find your username. Your password will be your 8-digit birth date (MMDDYYYY). Once you have signed onto the campus portal, look under Academic Profile for your transcript.

Use your dual credit at Moraine Valley.
Your Moraine Valley college transcript includes your dual credit classes, so you're already on your way toward earning a certificate or degree.

Thinking of attending another college or university?
Your Moraine Valley transcript reflects your dual credit courses whether or not you attend Moraine Valley after your high school graduation, and can be sent to any institution you plan to attend. You can request an official transcript through the Cashier's Office.

Want to learn about where your credits will be accepted?
Contact Academic Advising to review transfer guides to 4 year institutions.

How does Dual Credit differ from Advanced Placement (AP)?
Both courses are taught at the college level. However, college credit is awarded for advanced placement courses only upon completion of a single assessment test. In addition, different cut scores are required by different institutions for credit in these courses. Dual credit courses earn college credit in the same manner as any other college course – through satisfactory performance on such assessments as quizzes, tests, and homework assignments.

In addition, dual credit courses are taught by qualified college faculty who hold the appropriate credentials in the subject matter. For instance, faculty teaching general education courses must hold at least a Master’s degree in the subject area. High school AP courses do not have this requirement.

Who is eligible to take part in Dual Enrollment and Dual Credit programs?
In order to enroll in dual credit courses currently offered through cooperative agreements with Illinois community colleges, students must meet all admission requirements that would be applied to a student enrolling for the same course at the college and obtain Dual Enrollment High School authorization from their high school counselor.

Does Illinois have any regulations in place concerning Dual Credit / Dual Enrollment?
Dual credit programs at community colleges follow administrative rules established by the Illinois Community College Board. Even under these rules, substantial variation exists as institutions have the flexibility to respond to local demands.

Can I enroll in Dual Credit and Dual Enrollment courses at the same time?
Yes! Students may take both types of courses simultaneously. You must be 16 years of age and High School authorization is required. Dual Enrollment students are required to meet the same course placement requirements.

What is FERPA and how does it affect me?
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA), as amended (also referred to as the Buckley Amendment), is a federal law regarding the privacy of student educational records and the access provided to these records. Any educational institution that receives funds under any program administered by the U.S. Secretary of Education is bound by FERPA requirements. Upon enrollment as a MVCC Dual Credit and/or Dual Enrollment student, MVCC will only communicate with the student regarding their educational records and billing information unless indicated on the Daul Credit onlien application.

How can I get a copy of my transcripts?
Your Moraine Valley Transcript reflects your dual credit courses whether you attend Moraine Valley after your high school graduation or not, and can be sent to any institution you plan to attend. Go to to request an official transcript

How do I pay for Dual Credit/Dual Enrollment courses?

  • Go to
  • Click top of page, MVCONNECT
  • Enter user name(typically last name, first initial)
    *If not sure of user name, select look up and follow prompt.
  • Enter password (8 digit birthday; ex 01011994)
  • Click Go to student portal page
  • Upper left hand Self-Service tab, click Financial Information
  • Click Pay on my account

Student account balances paid in person can be made at the Cashier’s Office located on the 1st floor of the S Building, Room 105-(708) 974-5715. Checks should be made payable to MVCC and include the student’s ID number.

Am I eligible for financial aid?
No. Dual Credit/Dual Enrollment students do not qualify for financial aid.

What are other ways in which I can earn college credit while still in high school?
The Advanced Placement (AP) program and the College Level Examination Program (CLEP) both allow students to gain college credit in various subject areas by successfully completing comprehensive examinations in those subjects.

Advanced Placement (AP)
Moraine Valley award credit on the basis of scores earned on the Advanced Placement Examinations. To see a full list of scores, click on the link below.

Advanced Placement Table

In order to post Advance Placement credit on your Moraine Valley transcript, you must submit an official College Board grade report along with a Transcript Credit Evaluation form (link to form) to the Records Office, S111.

*If documents are not received within 60 days after the evaluation form is filed, the Records Office will inactivate your request and you must submit another evaluation request. Evaluations may take six to eight weeks to complete from the time all documents are received.