The Chicagoland area is the second largest meeting planner employer in the nation thanks to the dozens of associations that call Chicago home, including the American Bar Association, American Dental Association, American Medical Association and the National Association of Realtors.
Chicago hosts some of the largest conventions generating billions of dollars in revenue, which increases employment in nearly every aspect of the meeting/special events industry.
"Employment of meeting and convention planners is expected to grow faster than
the average for all professions over the next decade or so. The number of jobs
planners hold is forecast to jump 16 percent, thanks to the growing importance
of meetings to increasingly global companies."
- Job Outlook for Best Careers 2010-11, U.S. News
Where can a Moraine Valley Meeting Planning certificate or degree take you?
Anywhere you want to go!
Complete your education and the lineup is limitless for exciting career opportunities:
- Account executive for a convention and visitors bureau
- Account executive for a destination management company
- Account executive for a service contractor
- Association meeting planner
- Catering sales manager
- Conference sales manager
- Convention audiovisual coordinator
- Corporate meeting planner
- Event planner
- Exhibit manager
- Exhibit sales
- Hotel convention sales manager
- Hotel convention service manager
- Hotel sales and marketing manager
- Independent meeting planner
- Meeting concierge
- Meeting marketing manager
- Showroom/entertainment coordinator
- Special events manager
- Supplier/distributor account executive
- Tour and travel sales manager
- Tradeshow manager
- Wedding planner